Crushing a Kickstarter Campaign – How Superfit Hero Made Their Goal in 2 Weeks
Micki Krimmel had a fantastic idea that she knew she needed funding for. For many entrepreneurs who find themselves in her shoes, crowdfunding is the way to go as it provides a quick and viable option to get funding and get a brand on its feet. However, a lot of people have many misconceptions about how crowdfunding works. Micki didn’t want to start a Kickstarter campaign without doing her research, and LOTS of it (8 months’ worth, to be precise). “I was trying to show respect to my community. I didn’t want to ask them for money unless I knew I was going to be successful.”
So what did Micki learn from creating a successful campaign that got 100% funded within 2 weeks (garnering about $55k in just over 40 days)?
- Be versatile – don’t just let your campaign run its course, address issues and needs as they come up.
- Having a community who is willing to support you in your journey (emotionally or otherwise) is important.
- Go big or go bust – most successful campaigns raise 30% of their goal within the first few days. Make sure you can make that happen.
- Make it easy for your friends, family and colleagues to support you – $1 is all it takes.
- Don’t just take the money and run – keep backers involved in your journey moving forward.
Follow her at @D_isforDayana
Latest posts by Dayana Cadet (see all)
- Thanks to Hubba, This Blogger Was Able to Monetize Her Passion - November 28, 2017
- Hubba Supports Small Business Saturday - November 13, 2017
- The End of Trade Shows? Find Out How This CEO Grows His Wholesale Business in Just an Hour a Day - October 31, 2017